LFCDS, located on a 30-acre campus about 30 miles north of Chicago, Illinois, is a co-educational, independent day school serving 400 students from age 2 through eighth grade. The School has a long tradition of producing thoughtful, confident, and successful students. Children are known, loved, and challenged at LFCDS, and a state-of-the-art facility provides a remarkable setting for inspired teaching, academic rigor, and attention to individual needs.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a talented educational technology professional who is eager to work in partnership with a dedicated faculty and a supportive community. The School is especially proud of its significant commitment to educational technology, including a 1:1 Microsoft Surface program in its Upper School (grades 5-8) and the Innovation Center, which over the last several years has become a hub of active learning for our students and of innovative teaching for our faculty.
- Serve as a thought leader and strategic partner on all uses of technology in the operations and educational mission of the school, especially related to STEM programs.
- In collaboration with other members of the community, lead the development of a strategic vision for technology at LFCDS.
- Build strong partnerships with faculty and support them as they develop innovative approaches and integrate educational technology to enhance student learning.
- Design and facilitate major professional development and growth experiences for faculty in areas of technology integration and instructional design.
- Ensure that all systems, software, and hardware enable community members--adults and students alike--to do their best work.
- Develop and enhance programs that teach students how to be thoughtful and deliberate about the role they allow digital technology and social media to play in their lives.
- Lead the continued development of the technology curriculum and help determine the optimal role of technology in teaching and learning.
- Actively participate in local, regional, and national professional communities, technology conferences, and educational opportunities to stay knowledgeable about new ideas and trends.
IT and Data Systems
- Oversee the IT team and the successful administration and delivery of IT services, including network needs, hardware deployment, data administration, and security.
° Ensure that IT infrastructure, hardware, and systems are successfully deployed and meeting end-user needs.
- Support and guide school leadership on strategic and operational decisions involving technology infrastructure, end user purchasing, and enterprise data systems.
- Offer ongoing training and support to all faculty and staff.
- Develop and maintain the department’s operational and capital budgets, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Professional and Personal Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required; a graduate degree in education or a technology-related field a plus.
- Experience designing and implementing professional development and training experiences for educators.
- Experience as a supervisor or organizational leader, including direct management of a team, project management, committee membership/leadership, and/or staff development and training.
- Experience as a classroom teacher, especially in an elementary or middle school setting, is desirable.
- Strong communication skills, both as a writer and as a public speaker.
- Flexibility in working with and managing others.
- A passion for educational technology and a respect for its place as one element among many in a strong, 21st-century educational program.
- A growth mindset and an openness to feedback as the means of achieving personal and professional growth.
- Capability to lift up to 25 pounds and access hardware in hard-to-reach spaces.
Mission Statement: Inspired teaching, academic rigor, attention to individual needs, a commitment to responsible citizenship—these principles infuse every aspect of life at Lake Forest Country Day School and define our dedication to producing students of strong character with a passion for learning.
Core Values: Excellence, Partnership, Responsibility, Participation, Diversity
Interested applicants should send a letter of interest, resume, and the names of three professional references (personal statement optional) in PDF format to the attention of Joy Hurd, Head of School, at email@example.com with the subject line “Director of Technology.” Please send all materials no later than Friday, February 1, 2019.
Lake Forest Country Day School seeks and embraces diversity among our faculty, staff, and student body. LFCDS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and it does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, religion, marital status, disability, sex, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, order of protection status, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable law.