The Executive Assistant and Project Manager supports and collaborates with the Head of School and works closely with trustees, administrators, staff, faculty, parents, alumni, and students in a variety of roles with professional judgment, discretion, diplomacy, confidentiality, and good humor.
The tasks, duties, and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the Head of School and Leadership Team
- Manages projects delegated by the Head of School and serves as the Head’s representative at meetings, as needed and appropriate.
- Ensures that the Head of School and other interested parties are kept apprised of developments, that communication is clear, and that collaboration is strong.
- Helps anticipate needs and organizes the Head of School’s time and energy to ensure that the highest-priority tasks are being addressed.
- Works in close collaboration with the Head of School and Director of Development in their partnership to meet fundraising goals.
- Manages the calendar, administrative tasks, event and meeting logistics, and paperwork of the Head of School Office.
- Maintains and communicates to the Head of School all current and upcoming events, ensuring that the Head has all necessary information and materials well in advance.
- Manages calls, emails, and messages for the Head of School including follow-up as needed.
- Creates and edits articles, correspondence, emails, and presentations.
- Coordinates with members of the Leadership Team and others concerning school-wide events and communication.
- Maintains a master calendar of all school events.
- Is responsible for organizing special events and projects as assigned, including events and projects planned in collaboration with the Development Office.
- Is a point person for and coordinates searches for new employees.
- Other duties as assigned and developed.
- Supporting the Board of Trustees
- Interfaces with and provides support for the Board of Trustees, especially the Board President.
- Organizes all board materials and ensures that all logistical details and materials are in place for smooth functioning of board and committee meetings.
- Maintains all board records, including the keeping of meeting minutes.
Professional and Personal Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred
- Highly developed organizational skills
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills
- A keen eye for anticipating people’s needs and proactively seeking ways to support the team and the School
- Knowledge of technology tools, especially Google Apps, and a desire to continue learning about new technology tools that increase collaboration and productivity
- Experience in an educational or other non-profit setting a plus
- Flexibility in collaborating with others and eagerness to do so
- A growth mindset and an openness to feedback as the means of achieving personal and professional growth
- Warmth, courtesy, optimism, and a good sense of humor
- Ability to work calmly and effectively when managing multiple priorities
- Integrity, ethical conduct, and professional discretion with confidential matters
- Aspires always to live up to the LFCDS team’s core values
Mission Statement: Inspired teaching, academic rigor, attention to individual needs, a commitment to responsible citizenship—these principles infuse every aspect of life at Lake Forest Country Day School and define our dedication to producing students of strong character with a passion for learning.
Core Values: Excellence, Partnership, Responsibility, Participation, Diversity
Interested applicants should send a letter of interest, resume, and the names of three professional references in PDF format to the attention of Joy Hurd, Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Executive Assistant and Project Manager Application” Please send all materials no later than Friday, December 18, 2020.
Lake Forest Country Day School seeks and embraces diversity among our faculty, staff, and student body. LFCDS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and it does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, religion, marital status, disability, sex, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, order of protection status, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable law.