Key Responsibilities for the Position: This position will support the Business Office at LFCDS which is responsible for managing a broad set of functions including budgeting, accounting, and auditing; benefits and payroll; student accounts; accounts payable; receivables and cash management; risk and operational insurance; business and human resource policy and procedure; and other related activities.
The tasks, duties, and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Processes core transactions for the business office and reconciles financial or document discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Supports key monthly and annual processes including operational insurance and benefits renewals, ledger close, payroll, payables, and receivables.
- Prepares various financial or functional reports for management and departments.
- Completes expenses and payments by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices and reimbursements.
- Supports the student enrollment process during peak registration periods, and assists in tasks for the Enrollment Office when extra capacity is needed.
- Posts revenues by recording checks, credit card, or other payment transactions, and monitors accounts to verify payments are up to date.
- Prepares account reconciliations, journal entries, and audit schedules.
- Support summer programs and rental activities.
- Provides administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the Business Office, including word processing, filing, copying, binding, scanning, organizing, etc.
- Provides information by answering questions and requests from visitors and colleagues, and troubleshoots issues with vendors or customers.
- Sorts and distributes business mail and correspondence, as needed.
- Maintains school confidence and protects operations by keeping data and information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Other business office duties as assigned and developed.
Professional and Personal Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- A business, business administration, economics, accounting, or finance degree, or equivalent experience, is preferred.
- Must be comfortable with technology tools including but not limited to Google Apps and Microsoft Office, as well as a desire to continue learning about new technology tools that increase collaboration and productivity
- Knowledge of accounting software (e.g. Blackbaud or similar system) is a plus.
- Working knowledge of internal controls and procedures, and GAAP reporting
- Experience in an educational or other non-profit setting a plus
- Integrity, ethical conduct, and professional discretion is required for this position.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Organizational, written and oral communication, and customer service skills
- Aspires always to live up to the LFCDS team’s core values
Mission Statement: Inspired teaching, academic rigor, attention to individual needs, a commitment to responsible citizenship—these principles infuse every aspect of life at Lake Forest Country Day School and define our dedication to producing students of strong character with a passion for learning.
Core Values: Excellence, Partnership, Responsibility, Participation, Diversity
LFCDS seeks and embraces diversity among our faculty, staff, and student body. LFCDS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and it does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, religion, marital status, disability, sex, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, order of protection status, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable law.
Interested applicants should send a letter of interest, resume, and three professional references in PDF format to the attention of Richard Paulus, Director of Finance & Operations, at email@example.com with the subject line “Business Office Associate Application”. Please, no phone calls.